Saturday, January 2, 2010

Legacy

After holding Isabel while she died I wondered if this is what God must feel like. He holds us while we live and struggle and eventually die and it all goes by so quick from an eternal perspective. One instant we’re there and the next we’re gone. What is your legacy? What is my Legacy? Isabel has forever changed our lives and will live on through her donation of her heart valves and heart tissue. What mark will you leave on this world?

"LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away. My life is no longer than the width of my hand. An entire lifetime is just a moment to you; human existence is but a breath."
Psalm 39:4-5 NLT

1 comment:

  1. This message spoke to me big time! You have no idea! =) It just gives me the chills. I will never forget this and will take it with me wherever I go! Thanks so much for opening up, sharing the words that God has given you, and for being so positive....this has made me realize even more what God wants of me and makes me wonder what my legacy will be. It makes me realize how precious life is and how little time we really do have....I'm so grateful for you sharing these words and thank God for you and for my beautiful niece who is now an angel. This was a tragady but a miracle at the same time. Her life will go on with other children and with us as well.

    ReplyDelete